LawTech Futures 2014 – one slot not to miss!
This years sold out LawTech Futures event kicks off this Tuesday (25th March 2014) with Sir Tim Berners-Lee as Keynote Speaker.
I’ll be back again doing an “Inspect-a-Gadget” slot again on the Lounge Stage at 13:40.
As with a lot of conferences the synopsis of your talk is submitted weeks in advance and the difficulty in getting this right for the mobile and app world is that its an area that moves so fast. The gist though of what I will talk about is covered in the bullets. But inevitably some things have changed a little, for example I won’t be mentioning the BlackBerry as there’s not much new to say unfortunately. So I thought I’d throw up a quick blog post to take a more detailed look at what I’ll be talking about on Tuesday.
- A bit of future gazing into the technology that law firms of the future will be using
- A look at the new technology there is available right now to underpin IT in law firms in the new mobile world
- Office365, Azure, Windows 8, Office 2013
- The challenges law firms face in the new app/mobile ecosystem
- A look at some OneDrive/DropBox solutions available for law firms that integrate into current Legal IT software
It’s a lot to get through in 20 minutes but I am at the conference all day and would be happy to chat through what we’re doing in this space and particularly interested to hear what other law firms are doing. Message me on twitter @planty on the day.
Hope to see you at the Lounge stage at 1:40pm on Tuesday!